Year 5 Newsletter – Summer 1
The topics for this half term are as follows:
English – ‘The Highwayman’ – poetry and ‘The Piano’ – film narrative
Maths – Place value, fractions, time, statistics, geometry, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
Science – Animals including humans
Geography – France
Art – Talking textiles
R.E. – Stories from religious traditions
P.E. – Athletics
Music – Stop!
R.Time/PSHE – Relationships
French – Bon appetite – healthy eating
Computing – We are cryptographers
- Homework is given out on a Wednesday and due in on Monday. The homework will reinforce the learning in the class. Children are expected to spend 1 hour on homework each week.
- Children need to read 5 times a week and adults should sign the diary. The reading book and diary should come to school every day. If a child had not read 5 times they will miss one break time.
- P.E. is every Monday and kits should stay in school. Please remove jewellery for P.E. If a child does not have their kit, one from lost property will be provided so that your child can still take part.
- Please remember the £2.00 resource donation for each half term.
- Many thanks for your continued support.