Home Page

SEND Information

The documents below outline specific information on Special Educational Needs & Disabilities (SEND). These include information on who leads this in our school, the different types of SEND, and what support is available at Parkview Primary School. Please refer to these should you have any queries concerning your child's Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities.

If you are unhappy with something at your child's setting, and your child has special educational needs are disabilities, the first thing to do is to talk the SENDCo. You can ask a family member friend or advocate to accompany you. If you are still unhappy, you should speak with the head teacher and if the issue cannot be resolved informally, you should ask for the school's complaints procedure. 

SEND Information Report

Derby City Council SEND Local Offer


Local Authorities are required to publish information about services they expect to be available in 

their area for children and young people from birth to 25 years who have Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities (SEND); and also services outside of the area which they expect children and 

young people from their area will use. 


This will be known as the ‘Local Offer’.


The Local Offer puts all the information about education, health and care services, leisure activities and support groups in one place. It has two main purposes:

-to provide clear, comprehensive and accessible information about the support and opportunities that are available;

-to make provision more responsive to local needs and aspirations.


To view the Local Offer for Derby City please click on the link below: 

Please note - this is the most up to date statement.


The accessibility plan below shows how we are increasing our disabled pupils' ability to participate in our school's curriculum by improving the physical environment, facilities and services.

Annual Parent Introduction to SEND

Year 6 Transition Information



The first thing to do if you are unhappy with something at school is to speak to your child’s class teacher and/or the school SENDCO (Miss Jackaman). There is a SENCO in every school and they are responsible for coordinating provision for children with SEN. If you are still unhappy, you should talk to the Head of School.If you cannot resolve a problem informally, ask for a copy of the school’s complaints procedure.