Welcome to Parkview Primary School.
Parkview Primary School helps each of us to be happy, learn well and behave brilliantly. From the first steps in the School Nursery or Reception Class, right through to Year 6, we focus on developing the life skills of our pupils, as well as academics.
We pride ourselves on our happy family atmosphere, recognising the importance of involving all stakeholders in the educational experience of our children.
There are a many things which make us proud to lead this school, in particular:
- We are part of the Emotionally Healthy Schools programme showing our dedication to the well-being of staff, pupils and our school community
- We are an R-Time outstanding school displaying our commitment to developing secure relationships in school between staff and children
- Our commitment to the pursuit of excellence is demonstrated by the dedication and hard work of everyone involved learning including teachers, support staff, pupils, parents, governors and community groups.
- The consistently good outcomes when children leave our Reception class. In 2019, 87% of the cohort achieved a Good Level of Development, 15.2% higher than the national average
- Our Year 1 phonic screening results have exceeded national figures for the last 4 years.
- Consistently strong Key Stage One results over time. Children in Year 2 have outperformed national averages in Reading, Maths and/or Writing for the past 3 years.
- We are an Artsmark silver school demonstrating our commitment to the arts
- Parkview has been recognised for its excellent provisional for more able children by receiving the Challenge Award. Unfortunately due to C-19, we have been unable to renew this but the provision remains the same high standard.
Parents and pupils who wish to join us for a visit to experience the learning environment at first hand will be very welcome.
Jane Calladine - Executive Headteacher
Marie Jarvis - Head of School